Rhinoplasty is a procedure designed to bring balance and harmony to the entire face by surgically correcting flaws such as a droopy tip, overlarge tips, large nose, hump on bridge, flat bridge, wide nose, or overlarge or wide nostrils. A custom Fort Lauderdale rhinoplasty procedure that reshapes the nose, it is one of the most complex of all facial surgeries.
What is rhinoplasty?
Rhinoplasty is the cosmetic enhancement that can be life-changing, drawing attention to your most attractive facial features. Subtle changes can produce a remarkable difference in your overall look. Nose reshaping surgery may include reshaping the nose cartilage and bone, a delicate surgical procedure requiring top-level surgical techniques. Nose reshaping surgery performed by Dr. White will smooth a hump on the bridge, alter the nostril shape for a more refined look, or address asymmetry or a drooping or overlarge nose tip.
How will I benefit from rhinoplasty?
A custom rhinoplasty performed by double-board certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Jeremy White, has many personal benefits:
- Brings an attractive, appealing balance to your facial features.
- Your nose will no longer draw attention.
- Geared to honor your ethnic background while enhancing your look.
- Serves to enhance your other attractive facial features.
- Creates a more refined nose shape.
- Smooths away an unsightly hump on the nose bridge when needed.
- Removes and reshapes an overlarge or drooping tip.
- Boosts your overall confidence in your appearance.
Am I a candidate for rhinoplasty?
You may be a candidate for rhinoplasty in Fort Lauderdale if you have dreamt of having a more attractive nose or have suffered an accident that damaged your nose structure. Dr. Jeremy White specializes in treating breathing problems due to a deviated septum in combination with making aesthetic corrections. Ideal candidates are:
- In good health physically and emotionally
- Are not on any blood-thinning medications
- Have issues with their nose that they would like to correct
- Are safe to undergo facial surgery
- Have a full understanding of what to expect in the procedure, recovery, and results
To find out if you are a candidate for a rhinoplasty procedure, schedule a consultation with Dr. Jeremy White.
How is a rhinoplasty performed?
There are two approaches when performing a rhinoplasty procedure:
- Open rhinoplasty: An incision is placed at the base of the column between your nostrils, where it will be virtually invisible once healed. This approach allows for greater access to the inner structures.
- Closed rhinoplasty: The incisions are placed within the nostrils, with no visible scar post-surgery, appropriate for less extensive cosmetic changes.
Recovery from rhinoplasty
During the first week after surgery you will have to wear a supportive nose splint and bandages to protect your nose. It is normal to have bruising and swelling, the majority of which subsides over six to eight weeks. You will be given exact aftercare instructions to follow to help speed your recovery. Some of those instructions will include:
- Resting with your head elevated to help with swelling
- Use ice packs or cold compresses to alleviate discomfort and swelling
- Avoid any contact with your new nose structure
- Avoid blowing your nose or sneezing
- Do not bend over during the first week
- Take short and gentle walks to increase circulation but avoid any other exercise
When will I be able to see the results?
You will see the results after your bandages have been removed. The final results will not become apparent until the swelling has completely subsided, but you should feel comfortable in social settings within six to eight weeks.
Why choose Dr. Jeremy White?
Dr. Jeremy White is a double-board certified plastic surgeon with a specialization in otolaryngology, head and neck surgery. The nose is his area of expertise, both inside and out, and he has developed the technique and artistry to create truly stunning results. Choosing Dr. Jeremy White is easy. When you look at before and after pictures of his patients who have undergone rhinoplasty in Fort Lauderdale you will feel nothing but confidence in his ability to help you on your journey towards the nose that you have always envisioned for yourself. Schedule a consultation today to find out if rhinoplasty is the right step for you.
Your new life starts here