How Much Time Do I Need to Recover from My Rhinoplasty?
When you are considering any plastic surgery, you may be looking for as much information as you can find. Rhinoplasty, or nose surgery, is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures in the United States. One of the most frequently asked questions we get at our office is regarding the length of the recovery time after rhinoplasty. The answer is a bit more complicated than you would think.
The average recovery time after a rhinoplasty depends on your age, biology, as well as the type of rhinoplasty performed. Directly after the surgery, you will experience pain, soreness, and swelling of the nose and face. The swelling should start to subside about a week or two following your procedure. After about a week, you should feel well enough to resume your regular daily routine, but you will notice some swelling that persists for several weeks. The final results of your rhinoplasty may not be visible until several months later.
What You Can Do to Speed Recovery
There are some simple things you can do to speed up your rhinoplasty recovery time. Do the following:
- Avoid medication that your surgeon alerts you to and not resuming until it is safe to do so. These are anti-inflammatories as well as blood thinners.
- Keep your head elevated directly after your surgery and for a few days after.
- Apply cold compresses throughout your recovery time.
- Apply sunscreen to your nose and face when you are in direct sunlight.
- Follow all surgeon instructions with regards to your cast and splint.
If you have questions about your anticipated recovery time after your rhinoplasty, it is best to discuss them with your plastic surgeon.
If you are interested in a rhinoplasty procedure, contact ARC Plastic Surgery today. Call 305-697-5901 to schedule your consultation today!