As we age and expose ourselves to life, stress, sunshine, and the elements take their toll on our bodies and reflect in our skin. It can appear aged, gaunt, and lackluster. Wrinkles and fine lines form and textural irregularities catch our attention.
Morpheus8 helps us tackle this easily, nonsurgically and with only minimally invasive means. Morpheus8 is a cutting-edge device that uses microneedling and radiofrequency energy to help you look as youthful on the outside as you feel within.
What is Morpheus8?
Morpheus8 is a proprietary cosmetic device and treatment that combines microneedling with radiofrequency energy in order to remodel adipose fatty tissue and rejuvenate and tighten the skin. The unique combination of RF energy and microneedling effectively reverse the most common and problematic signs of aging. Skin laxity, sagging skin, mild to moderate jowls, under eye bags, wrinkles, and folds can all be treated with Morpheus8.
How Morpheus8 works
Morpheus8 uses a set of fine, surgical grade needles to puncture the surface of the skin. This microneedling in itself is a beneficial cosmetic treatment that spurs the body into action to produce healthy collagen and elastin. But Morpheus8 goes beyond simple microneedling, by using those same fine needles to safely deliver a controlled infusion of radiofrequency energy.
- Microneedling: Using a series of fine surgical-grade needles, a controlled series of superficial punctures are made in the surface of the skin to activate it’s natural healing response. This catalyzes production of healthy new skin cells and two of your skin’s most important elements— collagen and elastin—that are depleted naturally over time. On its own, microneedling is already a healthy rejuvenating procedure that leaves the skin feeling firmer yet smoother, and more supple.
- Radiofrequency Energy: Radiofrequency is used to deliver thermal (heat) energy deep into the dermis at 42 degrees Celsius. This heat tightens skin tissue, reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and further encourages the production of collagen.
With Morpheus8, each of these treatments are delivered simultaneously, doubling the impact of the procedure.
What Morpheus8 treats
Morpheus8 treats a wide variety of the most common age-induced cosmetic concerns from skin laxity to stretch marks and pigmentation problems. Morpheus8 can be effective in:
- Tightening skin
- Minimizing excess, sagging tissue
- Reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and facial creases.
- Tackling lip lines
- Smoothing acne scars
- Reducing stretch marks
- Correcting sunspots, age spots and pigmented spots
- Improving uneven or irregular skin textures
- Reducing under eye bags
- Minimizing nasolabial folds
Morpheus8 | The Procedure
Morpheus8 treatment sessions start with a detailed consultation wherein is discussed your cosmetic concerns and goals for the procedure. We’ll want to be sure Morpheus8 is the treatment best suited to getting you where you want to be.
Consultation: Tailoring the Treatment to You
In the initial consultation, our expert aestheticians will determine that you’re a suitable candidate, then draw up an ideal treatment plan for your unique needs. This brief consultation will:
- Discuss a few aspects of your medical history
- Cover your goals and expectations for the Morpheus8
- Examine your skin
- Curate an ideal treatment plan
Action: Let the Procedure Begin
Following that consultation, we begin the Morpheus8 procedure. Morpheus8 requires no anesthesia or sedation, and the patient feels little to no pain or discomfort during the procedure. A topical numbing cream can be applied if that helps the patient feel more relaxed and comfortable.
Morpheus8’s microneedles are adjusted for depth and penetration according to your needs and what you want to accomplish with the procedure. The fine needles then puncture the skin surface and deliver the radiofrequency energy into the subdermal tissue, effectively remodeling them and boosting collagen production naturally over time. The procedure concludes within 30 minutes.
What areas are treatable with Morpheus8?
- Face, neck and decolletage
- Areas of the body that appear wrinkled, discolored, lackluster or scarred.
Results of Morpheus8
Results are noticeable immediately post-procedure, and continue to improve as collagen and elastin are naturally produced. The skin will appear more youthful, supple, even and more free of earlier concerns including fine lines and wrinkles, or skin laxity. As Morpheus8 initiates a natural process of healing, not all of the results will be immediately apparent, but will come in gradually, with the final look being seen in about 6 weeks.
Before & After
Morpheus8 Recovery & Downtime
Morpheus8 is a nonsurgical, minimally invasive procedure that requires no recovery or downtime period. You can resume most of your daily social and professional activities immediately afterwards. You might experience mild swelling and pinkness for a few hours, however, the total recovery or downtime for a Morpheus8 treatment is often less than an hour.